Mira Catalina Families,
As a school and district, we are always challenging our students to work hard and do their best. As a staff, we want to help remind one another of this importance by holding a “Family Fun Night” (aka no HW night) once a month during the 2017-18 school year. Family Fun Night emphasizes slowing down and enjoying time spent with family instead of spending time working on homework and rushing to “get everything done” before bed time. We hope that you take advantage of this opportunity to reconnect with one another (and not spend extra time in front of the television).
Below is a list of ideas of how you can spend Family Fun Night:
- Go for a walk or bike ride at the beach (or just in the neighborhood)
- Have a picnic at the park
- Visit the Botanical Gardens in Palos Verdes
- Play a board game together
- Read a book together
- Try a science experiment
- Everyone help making (and cleaning up) a new recipe for dinner
- Play a sport or game with everyone in your family
- Have a family conversation about a topic the child gets to decide. Everyone has to share their opinion.
- Can you think of something your family would enjoy doing?
We hope you are as excited as we are by the implementation of Family Fun Night!